Wacom Cintiq 27QHD Touch.

Okay, time for a little tech update! I recently bought the new Wacom Cintiq 27QHD Touch and it’s amazing! Of course I already owned a Cintiq, but this latest model is HUGE!

Measuring a whopping 77x46.5 CM (that’s 30.3x18.3 inches for you folks in the US), the drawing area is almost 70 cm or 27 inch measured diagonally. So if you are traditionally used to working on regular A3 drawing paper like me, this is even bigger than that! Wow!

wacom Cintiq 27QHD Touch
The new Cintiq has completely abandoned all buttons. Instead it now has a thin portable remote (much like your TV). Using interior magnets you can attach it anywhere you like around the main drawing space, so there’s no more problem if you are left or right handed! It has 17 buttons that can be custom programmed differently for every program, besides having an unlimited amount of Wacom's custom on-screen (touch) menus, which you can pin anywhere and populate with your favorite commands. The Cintiq also has five USB 3.0 ports to hook up all your sticks and drives etc, while the remote works for up to 160 hours and is rechargeable (comes with a small usb cable).
Of course you still draw with the a Wacom Pro pen which now comes with 2048 pressure levels while the screen has a resolution of 2560x1440, so way higher than full HD. The display is capable of 1.07 Billion colors (I didn’t even know there were so many!) and there are many different settings to choose from and adjust to your own liking as far as screen color of brightness etc.

The Wacom 27QHD comes in different versions. I purchased the high-end model, which has Multi-Touch features enabled, meaning I can now use the rotate, pan/zoom features just by using my hands, like I would in real life on my drawing table and that to me, is so amazing! There have been some complaints about the responsiveness of this on the net, but from my experience so far, I can honestly say, it all depends whether or not the software you are using actually has touch features implemented.


Besides Photoshop, I work with several different drawing/animation software programs that I own (including 3D software) and so far ‘Manga studio’ (recently rebranded ‘Clip Studio Paint’ here in the West) seems to be most responsive to the touch features. But Photoshop also works nice. For more on all the features of the Cintiq 27QHD, check the Wacom site.

Logitech G602 Wireless Mouse


Beside the new Wacom Cintiq I also bought an amazing new mouse, which I can heartily recommend. Wireless mice have been around for a while. I know, I've been working with a wireless mouse for years. But for Gaming mice it's different. They usually are still wired, as they have much more functions to fulfill, demanding a very high level of acuracy.

The Logitech G602 is actually the first wireless 'gaming' mouse and comes with ‘Delta Zero’ sensor technology working at 2500 DPI, meaning it is really accurate on screen. What made it really interesting for me, is that it comes with many different buttons that you can program with unlimited Macros (much like Photoshop actions). So it let’s you record a series of button clicks, needed to do very specific tasks in any software, which you can then store under a single button, to use with just a single click. The buttons of course can have different settings in various software you are actively working in. So that’s another amazing gagdet I thought I'd share with you guys.

Below is the drawing I worked on during my first trial run with the new Cintiq, I thought a 'touchy' subject would be appropriate!



No comments:

Post a Comment