Cat Burglar.

I've been using Photoshop for a long time now, but I just went completely digital this week, with the new Wacom Cintiq that I bought. I love it! Drawing / inking feels completely natural while the processing time, going through the several stages of doing an illustration is much faster. I can now test out colors while I'm sketching for example (most of my sketches would always be done traditionally on paper). 


On my regular Wacom tablet, I always had to lay down the lines pretty fast to mimic the flow of a natural ink brush. Now, I can just take my time with each individual line like I always did when I still inked traditionally. Oh, and I also got a SmudgeGuard, which is completely awesome, so thanks Jeannie!

If you're thinking about getting a Cintiq and, like me want to go for a dual monitor setup, make sure your computer can handle that. I have one of the latest models, which has an Ivy bridge I5 chip, but I still thought it wise to upgrade my graphics card. I went with the Gigabyte Geforce GTX 750i, which is just out and has two gigs of GDDR5 and two HDMI ports, to handle the digital output from both the Cintiq and my regular monitor. 

The new setup also required an upgrade for my PSU or Power Supply Unit, to give you all the cables you need to hook everything up correctly while supplying you with enough juice to stabilize your system. I got the CX600M from Corsair, which gives me 600 Watt (which is more than I need, so the system will never 'spike') and is Modular, so you'll be able to only use the cables you need, which is great, as every inch of space inside the computer that is being used up will built up heat. 

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing what can be done on computer these days! I'll be interested to see what the finished work looks like!

    ReplyDelete